PROGRAMMING5. FEED FUNCTIONS
G00 _ ;
G00 : G code (group 01) for positioning (rapid traverse)
_; Dimension word for the end point
The positioning command (G00) positions the tool by rapid traverse and
punching is performed. In rapid traverse, the next block is executed after
the specified feedrate becomes 0 and the servo motor reaches a certain
range set by the machine tool builder (in–position check).
A rapid traverse rate is set for each axis by parameter No. 1420, so no rapid
traverse feedrate need be programmed.
The following overrides can be applied to a rapid traverse rate with the
switch on the machine operator’s panel: 25, 50, 75, 100%
Each axis rapid traverse rate of rapid traverse command (G00) are set
independently to parameter by machine tool builders.
Whereas, by setting parameter G0F (No. 16050#0) to 1, the rapid traverse
rate of X and Y axes to rapid traverse command (G00) can be designated
by F code. Refer to the manual issued by a machine tool builder for this
There are following specifications notices for this function.
1) The feedrate specified by F code is the each axis rapid traverse rate of
X and Y axes.
2) 4-step rapid traverse override can be applied to the rapid traverse rate
designated by F code, using signals (ROV2, ROV1) from the machine
3) When axial move of rapid traverse (G00) is specified in the tape,
memory and MDI modes, the rapid traverse rate may not specified by
F code or when the speed command is 0, an alarm (No. 011) occurs.
4) In circular nibbling (G68), linear nibbling (G69) and nibbling by M
function, the speed to nibbling pitch after the first punch point
corresponds to the rapid traverse rate preset by the parameter (No.
5) F1-digit function for programmable rapid traverse override is
6) When the rapid traverse rate designated by F code exceeds the speed
preset by a parameter (set by a machine tool builder), it is clamped to
the speed preset by the parameter (No. 1420).
Rapid Traverse Rate by