PROGRAMMING 18. SPECIFYING THE LASER FUNCTION
The following is a machining program example:
(1)E1; Cutting/machining condition definition. . .
(2)E301; Step control mode & condition definition. . .
(4)E302; Step control condition definition. . .
(6)E300; Step control mode cancel. . .
E301 E302 E300
1) In block (1), the feedrate, assist gas pressure, laser output conditions,
etc., are defined.
2) In block (2), the machining conditions in step control mode are
3) In block (4), the machining conditions in step control mode are
changed, and machining continues.
4) In block (6), step control mode is canceled and normal cutting feed
machining is executed.
In the machining program example, if the conditions in step control are
not changed and step control is executed with the same E number (300 to
399) throughout the program, the following is performed automatically:
I) If the subsequent block is a cutting block, ramp DOWN operation is
II) If the preceding block is a cutting block, ramp UP operation is not
If there are consecutive cutting blocks and the E number changes after
each block, as in the program example, step control is executed according
to the set values regardless of whether the preceding or subsequent block
is a cutting block.