1. DISPLAY AND OPERATION
Using the periodic maintenance screens makes it easy to manage
consumables (such as LCD unit backlight and backup battery) that are to
be replaced periodically.
Setting the name and service life of consumables, and the countdown
method to be used for them enables counting of the remaining service time
according to the specified countdown method and displaying of the result.
This function cannot be used with a combination of the DPL/MDI and its
The following periodic maintenance screens are available:
(1) Status screen: Displays item names, remaining service time,
countdown status, and lets you specify item names.
(2) Setting screen: Lets you specify service life, remaining service time,
and count type (countdown method).
(3) Machine system menu screen: Enables registering the names of
consumables used in the machine.
(4) NC system menu screen: Displays the names of registered
consumables used in the NC.
To use this function, follow the steps below:
(1) Select a number for registration (using the cursor key on the status
(2) Specify an item name.
The following two methods are available.
– Selecting a name from a menu screen (machine or NC system menu
– Entering a name to the status screen directly from the MDI.
Using the machine system menu screen requires that item names be
(3) Specify the service life, remaining service time, and count type for a
Once they are specified, the remaining service time can be checked
on the status screen.
1 Press the
2 Press the
continuous menu key several times. Soft key
3 Press soft key [MAINTE]. A periodic maintenance screen appears.
There are two periodic maintenance screens, status and setting screens.
Either screen can be selected using soft key [CHANGE].
D Screen configuration
Screen Display and