1) To pull out the option board, first detach any interfering cable. (Make
sure that the detached cable is labeled the number of the mating
2) Hold the option board by grabbing its handles, C and D. (See Fig.
3) While pushing the latch of handle C to the right, pull out the option
The option board can be dismounted without removing the
base printed–circuit board. (It is necessary to detach any
interfering cable, however.)
Only one exception is the DeviceNet board. See Section
1) Hold the option board by grabbing its handles, C and D, then insert the
option board into the rack all the way through until it snaps in the
corresponding connector on the backpanel.
2) Attach any cable detached before, correctly.
3) Switch on the power, and make sure that the option board operates
(with a latch at the left)
Fig. 2.6.4 Option board handles
Mounting the Option