Display surface of LCD unit
Fig. 2.9.1 (c) For the backlight manufactured by Sharp
This subsection applies to the replacement of the detachable LCD/MDI
Table 2.9.2(a) Specification of detachable LCD/MDI
Detachable LCD/MDI A02B–0166–C271#R
The 7.2” monochrome LCD for the detachable LCD/MDI is a product of
either Hitachi Ltd. or Sharp Corp. Its backlight differs depending on the
manufacturer. Each type of backlight is provided as a spare part. Select
an appropriate type.
Table 2.9.2(b) Specification of backlight
Spare part specification Specification of backlight Manufacture
A02B–0236–K112 A61L–0001–0142#BL Hitachi
(1) Turn off the power to the detachable LCD/MDI, and wait for a while.
(2) Remove the 8 screws from the front panel of the detachable
LCD/MDI, and then take out the metal plate on which the LCD and
keyboard are mounted. (Be careful because the metal plate is
connected with main unit with cables.)
(3) Remove the backlight power supply cable. (See Fig. 2.9.2.)
(4) Remove the CRT control printed–circuit board. (4 screws)
(5) Remove the PCR connector and the 10–pin flat cable, which were
under the CRT control printed–circuit board before it was removed.
(6) Remove the 6 ornamental plate fastening screws. (See Fig. 2.9.2.)
(7) Remove the ornamental plate to expose the front surface of the LCD.