(4) Push down the latch on the upper section of the fan unit to latch it.
Push down the latch.
Unlatched state Latched state
(5) Switch on the power, and make sure that no fan alarm condition
does not occur and that both fans are rotating.
NOTE1 If the fan unit has not been coupled with the main unit correctly, the
fans on the fan unit may fail to run even when the power is switched
on, or a fan alarm may be issued even when the fans are rotating.
NOTE2 If a force stronger than usual is needed to couple the fan unit with
the main unit, check that the pins of the connector on the base
printed–circuit board are straight. Also check that the base
printed–circuit board has been inserted securely all the way
D Method for replacing fans
(1) Dismount the fan unit, then unlatch the fan.
(2) Dismount the fan (FAN2) at the right side (in the above figure) first,
then the one (FAN1) at the left side.
(3) Detach the fan connectors from the fan connector printed–circuit
(4) Attach the cable connector of a replacement fan to the left–side
connector (CA39A) on the fan connection printed–circuit board
first, and place the fan at a location labeled FAN1 with the cable held
to the right, then latch it. Be sure to lay the fan cable under FAN2.