8. CONNECTION TO SETTING AND DISPLAY UNIT
CRT/MDI unit–side cable connector A02B–0120–K324
Power Mate–side cable connector A02B–0120–K323
Be sure to perform protective grounding. (See Section 5.8.)
1) The Power Mate can be operated without connecting a CRT/MDI.
2) To attach or detach a CRT/MDI while the Power Mate is turned on, 0V
of the Power Mate must be connected to 0V of the CRT/MDI before
any other lines.
The shell of connector JD41 on the Power Mate controller side is
connected to 0V of the Power Mate controller. The shell of connector
JD13 on the CRT/MDI side is connected to 0V of the CRT/MDI.
Connect the connector shells at both ends of the cable to each other,
using the free wires of cables J142. By means of this arrangement,
when the cable is connected to the Power Mate controller, the shell of
connector JD14 on the controller first makes contact with the
connector shell of the cable. Thus, the state described above can be
3) When a CRT/MDI is connected after the Power Mate has been turned
on, maintenance operations such as memory all–clear cannot be
performed. (See 8.1.1 (d).) To perform maintenance operations, turn
the Power Mate off then on again, after connecting the CRT/MDI.
4) When the Power Mate is made detachable, the maximum cable length
is 50 m.
5) When the Power Mate is used by switching display links, the same
notes apply as those that apply when the Power Mate is made