8. CONNECTION TO SETTING AND DISPLAY UNIT
The handy operator’s panel has machine operator’s panel functions for
teaching operations, as well as CRT/MDI
functions for displaying and
setting the Power Mate parameters and programs. (The Handy Operator’s
Panel function has a restriction, unlike the CRT/MDI unit.)
Handy operator’s panel
(1) The machine operator’s panel functions are implemented by Power
Mate ladder programs.
(2) FANUC designs a machine builder–defined key sheet on request. So,
it is easy for the machine builder to produce a unique machine
(3) No cables are provided with the handy operator’s panel.
(4) The customer is responsible for preparing a connector panel, external
stabilized power supply, safety relay, emergency stop contact, and
(5) The customer is responsible for preparing all inter–unit connection
(6) It is possible that the CE standard does not allow the mounting of the
connection panel on the cabinet so that the handy operator’s panel can
be connected and disconnected. (The reason for this is that the
emergency stop signal must be bypassed.) In this case, keep the
handy operator’s panel connected at all times.
(7) One handy operator’s panel cannot be shared among more than one