8. CONNECTION TO SETTING AND DISPLAY UNIT
LCD with a touch
for the touch panel
See Section 3.1.
Power Mate i
LCD with a touch panel
(1) The display link is used for connection to the LCD with a touch panel.
The specifications of the display link are the same as described in
Section 8.1 except the maximum length.
(2) The maximum length of cable J142 is 50 mm. (100 m is not
(3) For display link cable J142, see Subsection 8.1.2.
(4) For device number selection switch interface cable J47, see
With the conventional LCD/MDI, even when it is connected to just
one CNC, the device number selection switch interface must be
connected. With the new LCD with a touch panel, such connection
is unnecessary. (Do not connect JN1 (15) and JN1 (16).)
(5) For power interface cable J30, see Subsection 8.1.5. The cable can
also be drawn from power connector CP2 of the Power Mate i. (J137)
(6) A protective grounding stud is located on the rear of the LCD. Be
sure to connect the grounding stud to a good ground with a twisted
wire that is about 100 mm long and has a cross–sectional area of at
least 2 mm
(7) In the conventional way, the LCD can be connected to multiple CNCs
that support the display link. See (2) in Subsection 8.1.1 and
Subsection 8.1.3. The cable between the LCD with a touch panel and
the display link adapter may be J142 instead of J45.
(8) The LCD with a touch panel can be used in a detachable manner.
(9) When operating the touch panel, be sure to use the touch panel pen