9. CONNECTION TO SERVO OR SPINDLE
7) To use of the analog servo interface unit, an axis control card
(high–speed type) and the digital servo function A02B–0259–
H591#90A0 (the 05th edition or later) are required. Select an
appropriate axis control card that can match the sum of the digital
servo axes and analog servo axes used.
When a separate detector for serial feedback is used, the digital servo
function A02B–0259–H591#90A0 (the 24th edition or later) is
8) If the CNC issues a system alarm, or a communication alarm between
the CNC and the analog servo interface unit is issued, the *ENBL and
*PRDY signals from the unit are turned off. Also when the power
to the CNC or the power to this unit is turned off, the same condition
9) The basic unit and expansion unit are connected in the same way as
separate detector interface unit connection. Refer to the connection
manual. (The flat cable used is different from that of the separate
pulse coder interface unit.)
10) This unit is installed in the same way as the separate detector interface
unit. See Section 9.2.
11) Select an FSSB cable (optical fiber cable) from the ordering list.
12) The power–on/off sequence is the same as that for the separate
detector interface unit. See Section 9.2. When a separate detector
with a parallel interface is used, and its power is supplied from other
than the analog servo interface unit, turn on the power to the separate
detector before turning on the analog servo interface unit. In this
case, the A–/B–phase signals of the separate detector must have been
stabilized until the power to the analog servo interface unit is turned
13) To use the servo HRV3 function (not supported by the Power Mate
i at present), set parameter No. 2009 to enable the analog servo
interface function, then turn the power to the CNC and the units on
the FSSB line including this unit off then back on.
1) In the emergency stop state, turn on the power to the CNC.
2) Set FSSB–related parameters as explained below.
When the analog servo interface unit is used, the FSSB automatic
setting function cannot be used, so parameter Nos. 1023, 1905, 1910
to 1919, 1936, and 1937 must be set through manual setting 2. For
details on setting, refer to the description of FSSB setting in the
connection manual (functions). When these parameters are set, the
analog servo interface unit is basically treated like the separate
detector interface unit. (The analog servo interface unit and separate
detector interface unit are collectively called the interface unit