H. SHARING THE CRT/MDI WITH
1) Combine the separate LCD (A02B–0166–C251) and separate MDI
2) The CRT control PC board used together with the LCD/MDI is that
having part number A20B–2000–0843. Its external dimensions and
installation are the same as those for the A20B–2000–0840. The same
CRT/MDI selection circuit as that for the CRT/MDI is used.
3) The CRT/MDI and LCD/MDI use different connectors as indicated
Video Input CN1
(Honda 20–pin MR connector)
(Honda 20–pin PCR connector)
Power input CN2
(Japan FCI 16–pin connector)
(Japan AMP 3–pin Y connector)
Video input cable J72 rather than J53 is used. Power cord J145 rather
than J56 is used. See Subsection 8.4.2.
4) The device selection switch interface for the LCD/MDI differs from
that for the CRT/MDI. See Subsection 8.4.3.
1) The +24–V power to the CRT/MDI, CRT/MDI selection circuit, and
CRT control PC board is supplied from the FANUC series 16, 18, or
21. Even when only the Power Mate uses the CRT/MDI, the 16, 18,
or 21 must have been turned on.
2) For the CRT/MDI, see Section 8.1
3) For the separate CRT and separate MDI, see Section 8.2.
4) For the LCD/MDI, see Section 8.4.
5) Take the voltage drop into consideration, and ensure that the 24–VDC
power supply provides 24 VDC "10% at the connector port on each
6) The Power Mate can be connected only to the small–key CRT/MDI
7) In general, the CRT/MDI uses M keys. To use T keys, parameter
setting is necessary.
8) In reference to the CRT/MDI, up to two CRT/MDI selection circuits
can be stacked (so that switching between up to four NCs is possible).
By comparison, the LCD/MDI supports the use of only one CRT/MDI
9) On the CRT–shared screen on the Power Mate, information on the
FANUC series 16, 18, or 21 cannot be displayed.
WHEN USING THE