15. COMPENSATION FUNCTION
This section provides a detailed explanation of the movement of the tool
for cutter compensation C outlined in Section 15.5.
This section consists of the following subsections:
15.6.2 Tool Movement in Start–up
15.6.3 Tool Movement in Offset Mode
15.6.4 Tool Movement in Offset Mode Cancel
15.6.5 Interference Check
15.6.6 Over cutting by Cutter Compensation
15.6.7 Input command from MDI
15.6.8 G53,G28,G30 and G29 commands in cutter
compensation C mode
When an angle of intersection created by tool paths specified with move
commands for two blocks is over 180°, it is referred to as “inner side.”
When the angle is between 0° and 180°, it is referred to as “outer side.”
The following symbols are used in subsequent figures:
– S indicates a position at which a single block is executed once.
– SS indicates a position at which a single block is executed twice.
– SSS indicates a position at which a single block is executed three times.
– L indicates that the tool moves along a straight line.
– C indicates that the tool moves along an arc.
– r indicates the cutter compensation value.
– An intersection is a position at which the programmed paths of two
blocks intersect with each other after they are shifted by r.
the center of the tool.
DETAILS OF CUTTER
D Inner side and outer side
D Meaning of symbols