C–AXIS FAPT FUNCTION
7. IN–FEED MACHINING IN C–AXIS
FACE MILLING PROCESS
6) The number of cuts along the Z axis is calculated as follows:
Cutting allowance (RZ)
Cutting depth along the Z axis (D1)
The remainder obtained from the above calculation is assumed
as the amount of the final cut along the Z axis.
Cutting order viewed from a side face
TZ (Finishing allowance)
Side view of a face milling
The following operations are performed.
1) The finishing allowance along the Z axis (TZ) is cut off in the
order of portions then .
When the machining defined with machining type 3 is
performed, the cutting width and number of cuts along the X
axis is the same as for roughing.
2) Finally, the finishing allowance along the X axis (TX),
indicated by , is cut off.
3) The approach and escape points along the Z axis are determined
by subtracting the Z–axis clearance (C1) from the position of
the blank where its end face has a maximum size before the
figure is cut off by roughing.
When machining defined with machining type 3 is performed,
the approach and escape methods are the same as for roughing.