Y–AXIS FAPT FUNCTION
5. ANIMATED SIMULATION
ANIMATED SIMULATION (MENU 6)
In 16–TC CAP II, 16i–TA CAP II, and Symbol CAPi T, the animated
simulation function has been improved.
When using CAP II of the above models, see Part XIII, “Animated
Simulation Function II.”
Y–axis machining is simulated for the YZ and XY planes.
1) The following planes are displayed as the side view and front view for
turning, C–axis machining, and Y–axis machining:
side view Front view
Turning and C–axis machining XZ plane XC plane
Y–axis machining YZ plane XY plane
* The names of the current coordinate systems are displayed on the
screen. (See Figs. 5 (a), (b), and (c).)
2) The blank outline is painted out, in green, in the drawings of the side
face and end face.
3) The tool for Y–axis machining on the end face is drawn as shown in
Fig. 5 (b).
The tool for Y–axis machining on the side face is drawn as shown in
Fig. 5 (c).
4) During machining simulation, the picture of the blank figure can be
refreshed. The following two methods are supported:
a. [REFRESH] soft key
If this soft key is pressed during simulation, the displayed blank
figure, tool path, and machining path are refreshed.
b. Automatic refresh
At the end of each Y–axis machining process, the blank figure, tool
path, and machining path are refreshed. In Y–axis side facing, the
data is refreshed each time the phase angle is changed.
5) To simulate Y–axis machining, set related system parameters. See f,
“Parameters related to animated simulation” in 6, “system