FANUC Series 16
Specifications of Distance Coded Linear
Scale Interface Ex
2.2 Reference point establishment by JOG feed
In satisfying the followings, the reference point establishment operation is automatically
(1) When feed axis and direction selection signal +Jn or -Jn (G100/G102) is input in the JOG
mode to the axis which the reference point of has not been established yet.
(2) When the movement direction of above-mentioned (1) is the same as the reference point
return direction defined by parameter 1006#5(ZMI).
(3) When the target axis is not the following modes
• Three-dimensional coordinate conversion
• Coordinate system rotation
• Mirror image (signal(G106) or setting)
• Programmable mirror image (M system)
• Scaling (M system)
• High-precision contour control (M system)
• AI nano contour control (M system)
• Mirror image for double turrets (T system)
The following operations are executed during establishment of reference point.
(1) The movement begins at reference point return FL speed (parameter No.1425) when the
feed axis and direction selection signal (+Jn or –Jn) is made "1".
(2) The axis is stopped temporarily, and moves again at reference point return FL speed
when the reference mark from the scale is detected.
(3) Above-mentioned (2) is repeated until the reference mark is detected three or four times.
Afterwards, the reference point is established, and reference point establishment signal
(ZRF1,ZRF2,ZRF3,...) becomes "1".
(4) The axis moves in the direction that selected by the feed axis and direction selection
signal by the JOG feedrate.
The movement of the axis stops when the feed and direction selection signal is made "0"
while executing reference point establishment operation. When the feed axis and direction
selection signal is made "1" again, the reference point establishment operation is executed
When the above condition is not satisfied, the reference point establishment operation is
not started, and becomes the same operation as a usual JOG feed.