Automatic operation and temporary
storage of external program
(1) This function is available on 1 path Milling system, 1 path and 2 path turning system, but
not available on 2CPU3 paths system and compound machining system.
(2) It is not possible to exchange the program number between the part program storage
memory and the temporary storage memory. If the operation is executed, a P/S alarm 74 is
(3) The registration(M298) and deletion(M296) are executed by background editing process.
Therefore if these command is executed while the background editing, a P/S alarm 240 is
(4) The registration(M298) and deletion(M296) can not be commanded in MDI mode.
If the operation is executed, a P/S alarm 240 is caused.
(5) The registration(M298) and deletion(M296) can not be commanded in M198 mode and
DNC operation mode.
(6) It take about 4-16 minutes to register 5120m part program from the Data Server to the
temporary storage memory. (The required time to register changes by the state of CNC)
And the update speed of the screen display might slow while M298 is executed.
(7) If two registration(M298) commands or more are continuously instructed, the second
M298 is waiting until previous M298 is completed. Moreover the deletion(M296) command
is also similar.
M298 P7001; Wait until M298 P7000 is completed.
(8) The temporary part program dose not support the inhibition parameters of editing
(9) The temporary part program dose not support the KEY signal. Therefore if the KEY signal
is set to 0, the registration(M298) and the deletion(M296) commands are performed.
(10) Even if the registration(M298) is stopped by the reason which storage memory is full, etc,
then any alarm is not caused. An alarm is caused at the waiting command(M297).