Spindle control M, S, P format has following function.
(1) CNC outputs the value of the M code according to the commanded M code and P
code to PMC.
(2) M code is used to command a spindle control function. It is possible to use
M03/M04/M05/M19 for command. The following 4 M codes can be commanded.
- M03 (Spindle CW)
- M04 (Spindle CCW)
- M05 (Spindle STOP)
- M19 (Spindle Orientation)
Since then, in this specification, these M codes are called with the spindle function
(3) P code is used to select the spindle to apply the control that was commanded by
the spindle function M code. The method of select a spindle by using the P code is
the same as the function of "Spindle select by address P (Multi-spindle control)".
(Refer to parameter 3781-3784)
Since then, in this specification, these P codes are called with the spindle select P
(4) The value of the M code that is output actually to PMC must be set to the
parameter. There are 4 spindle function M codes. And there are maximums of 4
spindles of spindle select P codes. Therefore, a maximum of 16 kinds of values
can be set to the M code to output actually to PMC per a path.
(Refer to parameter 13550-13565)
Ed. Date Design Description
Date Apr.28.’03 Desig. Apprv.
FANUC Series 16i/18i/21i – TB
Spindle control M, S, P format specifications