Synchronous Spindle Motor Drive
EDT. DATE DESIG. DESCRIPTION PAGE /29
02 2003.10.15 K.Takahashi
dded SSM etc. Y.Toyozawa
03 2004.06.09 K.Takahashi Revised Pole detect, etc. Y.Toyozawa
6.2 Output signal for SSM
The next is the output signal for SSM
OUTPUT (PMC CNC)
15i 16 i 30 i
#7 #6 #5 #4 #3 #2 #1 #0
F230 F048 F048
Symbol MEANINGS & REMARKS
SSMBRK SSM abnormal status
If Error-36 (SSM is abnormal) is generated, SPM will set the signal “SSMBRK” to “1”. In this case,
PMC must safety decelerates the motor by the following order. Because SSM does not work when
SPM becomes Error-36 status.
(1) First, the spindle axis of detecting Error-36 should be separated mechanically from the other
This job is needed to decrease the danger that the mechanical shock may be generated when
the motor decelerates.
(2) PMC issued to the deceleration command of spindle axis after the above job (1).
(3) Alarm 89 is generated at the time to detect SST=1 (Zero speed status) after the deceleration.
6.3 Alarm & Error about SSM
Alarm 89 and Error 36 for SSM is generated in the following case. This alarm and error can’t be reset.
(1) Alarm 89 is generated when SPM detects the breakdown and the abnormal status of SSM at self-test when
turn on MCC.
(2) Error 36 (or Alarm 89) is generated when SPM detects to break I/F signals between SPM and SSM when
motor is excited. Please refer to “6.2 Output signal for SSM”.
Alarm 89 SSM is abnormal
1) SPM can’t be adapted to SSM.
2) SSM is not mounted.
3) I/F signal between SPM and SSM is
4) SSM is broken.
This alarm can’t be reset.
After turn the CNC and SPM off, please confirms and
changes the connection of SSM, SPM and SSM.
In case of using SSM, Type-B SPM and spindle
software 9D53/B (or later) or 9D70 are required.
Error 36 SSM is abnormal
1) I/F signal between SPM and SSM is
2) SSM is broken.
This error can’t be reset.
Please refer to “6.2 Output signal for SSM”.
(1) Separating job
(2) PMC issued to deceleration
(3) Alarm 89 after motor stopped.