Synchronous Spindle Motor Drive
EDT. DATE DESIG. DESCRIPTION PAGE /29
02 2003.10.15 K.Takahashi
dded SSM etc. Y.Toyozawa
03 2004.06.09 K.Takahashi Revised Pole detect, etc. Y.Toyozawa
7.4 Sequence of Pole detection
The pole detection must to be executing only once after Power on or after happening of alarm that loses the
pole position. The sequence of pole detection is as (1) and (2) as described below.
(1) Case A (Parameter No.4007#7(16i):EPFSIG=0; used SFR/SRV as trigger signal)
When SFR/SRV is input in the lost pole position (EPFIX=0), that starts automatically the pole detection
sequence in advance of executing the velocity command. Then, the velocity command get valid to run the motor
after EPFIX=1(the pole detection complete status). Signal MPOF and EPFSTR must be not entered.
1) Get motor drive ready in the velocity mode after Power ON.
2) Set either SFR or SRV exclusive to 1.
3) Pole detection is started automatically in case of the lost pole state,EPFIX=0.
4) Pole detection sets the temporary pole position after moving at 0-degree position then at 90-degree position
(mechanical angle is 90degree/pole-pair)
5) Temporary pole position setting outputs EPFIX=1 and the validated velocity command drive the motor. But
the velocity command should be set after Pole detection completed (EPFIX=1).
6) If an alarm happens which could lose the pole position already acquired, that makes EPFIX=0 of the lost
pole position. Try again the pole detection sequence from the first.
Pole detection complete
0-degree position 90-degree
(Electrical angle) (Electrical
Valid velocity command
Lost pole position
larm lost pole position