90D3 / 90E3
Learning Control Operator’s Manual
A - 63639E – 108
01 ’05.04.20 N.Sonoda Newly designed Sheet 08
Edit Date Design Description / 064
3.3 Cam Grinding Machine
* Grinding Sequence
(1) The cam form is ground by synchronizing with C-axis rotation moving grinder back / forth along X-axis.
(2) Each profile is processed with High-speed cutting (G05), but G05 stops while Z-axis moves to next profile.
In case of the profile processed by many repetitive cycles.
(3) Set one rotation of C-axis as Learning period.
(4) Though the finishing can get down the rotation speed of C-axis, not to change the rotation speed of C-axis
(L1=L2) is recommended from the precision point of view.
(5) The rotation speed of C-axis can vary within one rotation of C-axis. There might be the special machine
such as the crank pin grinding required very high accuracy. As far as grinding technology allows, the
constant C-axis speed within one rotation is preferable for the application of high accuracy.
(6) Both X-axis and C-axis are used Compensation data continuation mode of the Preview repetitive
In case of the profile processed by a few repetitive cycles.
(3) Set the total C-axis rotation involving Approach as Learning period.
(4) Compensation data continuation mode of the Preview repetitive control is used with Repetition count set
(5) You need to repeat about ten times trial of G05 till the sufficient convergence of the error achieved.
(6) If you don’t want to renew the compensation data at each grinding, you have to set compensation data
suspension mode active and Repetition count to zero.
(7) Make sure to set Shock reducing counter (SHKRDC) effective.
A - A' cross section
Single slide mechanism
. 3.3.1 Example of Confi
ation of Cam Grindin
G05 G05 G05 G05
Profile 1 Profile 2 Profile 3 Profile 4
Fig. 3.3.2 Movement of the Tool along each Axis.