12. COMPENSATION FUNCTION
This section provides a detailed explanation of the movement of the beam
for cutter compensation C outlined in Section 12.2.
This section consists of the following subsections:
12.3.2 Nozzle Movement in Start–up
12.3.3 Nozzle Movement in Offset Mode
12.3.4 Nozzle Movement in Offset Mode Cancel
12.3.5 Interference Check
12.3.6 Overcutting by Cutter Compensation
12.3.7 Input command from MDI
12.3.8 G53, G28, G30, G30.1 and G29 commands in cutter
compensation C mode
12.3.9 Corner Circular Interpolation (G39)
When an angle of intersection created by beam paths specified with move
commands for two blocks is over 180°, it is referred to as “inner side.”
When the angle is between 0° and 180°, it is referred to as “outer side.”
The following symbols are used in subsequent figures:
– S indicates a position at which a single block is executed once.
– SS indicates a position at which a single block is executed twice.
– SSS indicates a position at which a single block is executed three times.
– L indicates that the nozzle moves along a straight line.
– C indicates that the nozzle moves along an arc.
– r indicates the cutter compensation value.
– An intersection is a position at which the programmed paths of two
blocks intersect with each other after they are shifted by r.
the center of the beam.
DETAILS OF CUTTER
D Inner side and outer side
D Meaning of symbols